- How to Reach and Teach Children with Challenging Behavior K 8 Practical, Ready to Use Interventions
- How to Reach and Teach Children with Challenging Behavior K 8 Practical Ready to Use Interventions T
- Highly Successful Strategies to Guide Young Children's Behavior – Dr. Patricia Vardin
- Understanding Challenging Behavior in Young Children
- Redirecting Behavior
- 5 steps to handle a defiant student in your classroom
- The SMART Program: Treating Autism and Autism-Related Disorders
- Positive Behavioral Support for Young Children | UWashingtonX on edX | Course About Video
- Challenging Behavior in Young Children
- Station Rotation: Differentiating Instruction to Reach All Students
Interventions for students who exhibit challenging behavior
Written by behavior specialists Kaye Otten and Jodie Tuttle–who together have 40 years of experience working with students with challenging behavior in classroom settings–this book offers educators a practical approach to managing problem behavior in schools.
It is filled with down-to-earth advice, ready-to-use forms, troubleshooting tips, recommended resources, and teacher-tested strategies. Using this book, teachers are better able to intervene proactively, efficiently, and effectively with students exhibiting behavior problems.
The book includes research-backed support for educators and offers: Instructions for creating and implementing an effective class-wide behavior management program Guidelines for developing engaging lessons and activities that teach and support positive behavior Advice for assisting students with the self-regulation and management their behavior and emotions.
Young children experience a range of emotions and express themselves in many different ways. It’s normal for toddlers and young children to have tantrums and break rules while their social and emotional skills are developing.
It’s important that you and other caregivers provide support while your child is developing and learning to manage their own emotions. Guiding your child and encouraging positive behaviours will help them learn appropriate ways to behave.
You May Also Like: How to Reach and Teach Children and Teens with ADD/ADHD
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition (November 9, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780470505168
- ISBN-13: 978-0470505168
- ASIN: 0470505168
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.9 x 10.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds