Business People Characteristics
Stephen Collie: “What do the rich and powerful people in business have in common? They live life with a strategy and exhibit characteristics that not all that different from other not-so-successful business people. What’s their secret? They train themselves to keep these characteristics in mind”.
Back in May 2005, Forbes magazine reported that there were 691 billionaires in the world. 1400 people across the world turn into millionaires every day. Want to become one of them? Of course you do. Everyone wants the freedom to do business in the way they choose. There is so much power in running your own business – and having a business that runs itself, which for many people is the ultimate goal.
Making money is not the only goal of becoming an internet millionaire – it’s about freedom. Many people across the world are gifted with experiencing this freedom everyday. How can you become one of these business people? What kind of life, and business, do you want to run? Would you like to be able to check your email from your private plane? These are the kinds of goals many people have in mind when they begin to forge ahead with their business ideas. But the truth is that the wealthy and the successful – the millionaires off and online – have about 9 characteristics in common, not that different from a lot of business people we all know. Most of them exhibit some or all of these. The truth is that we all have the potential for greatness – if we can train ourselves to keep this in mind as we go about our business day.
1. They don’t blame. Successful business people don’t blame others. “Instead of making excuses for bad outcomes, or reassigning responsibility to others, they take time to learn from their own mistakes”, Stephen Collie says.
2. They are decisive. Millionaire-types have a vision. They take quick, decisive action aligned with that vision. Business people are action oriented, always pushing forward toward their goals.
3. They trust their intuition. If something seems like it’s not quite right, they trust that instinct. If an opportunity excites them and sounds like a great idea, they go for it.
4. Stephen Collie: “Business people are singly focused on their CORE business. Successful entrepreneurs may be inspired by ideas, but they always remain true to their vision”. They focus on opportunities that are aligned with their business’s purpose. If you sell retail products on eBay, don’t try real estate investing the next day. They don’t lose focus. They may sell their products on eBay, write articles, focus on joint ventures, and go to marketing seminars, but all of their efforts, and FOCUS, help them move toward their main goals.
5. They are marketing focused. Wealthy business people, including such giants as Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, understand the importance of building on their core business. They hire people with specialties in marketing. They work hard at building their email lists, gaining exposure, and are constantly looking for ways to reaching a wider audience. If you want to build a decent income, you sell products and services. If you want to be insanely rich, then you create and control markets. The key to your business, and creating phenomenal success, is marketing.
6. They understand the importance of continuing education. Successful business people are always learning and drawing from other people’s experiences. They listen to how other people have achieved their success, especially if these people have expertise in another industry. They are constantly learning about new approaches and strategies, and thinking about how they can apply it to their own business.
7. They are not afraid of making mistakes. Any big company online will tell you that they’ve had their share of downfalls, even such giants as eBay or Craig’s List. Mistakes are building blocks for success – by making mistakes, you learn what works, and what doesn’t. You don’t have to get it right, you just have to get it going. We all make mistakes, and one of the most powerful things you can do is glean feedback from them. Feedback is a great way to learn from your customers and colleagues. You need to look at feedback and take it with a grain of salt – it helps you learn and grow. See your mistakes as learning lessons
8. They model their business for success. Wealthy business entrepreneurs model other people, strategies, and systems. They constantly look for models of success in everyday life and think about how to incorporate these lessons into their own strategy. They even look at their competition for answers. Whatever niche you’re in, subscribe to some industry newsletters, buy their products, and learn HOW they create success.
9. They build a team to rely on. No matter what stage you are in with your business, you’ve got to realize that you simply cannot do it all. You can’t be an expert in everything. You want to create a great team of people. How can you find them? Go to seminars and workshops. Hone your networking skills. You’ll often find that like minded people that are out there constantly learning and attending, seminars and workshops. Getting rich is a team sport. “You have to have people that are cheering you on, encouraging your success”, Stephen Collie says.
These are some inherent characteristics of business millionaires. Can you apply them to your business and your life, too? Of course you can. If you can keep these principles in mind, you’ve got the millionaire mindset. No, you aren’t going to get there overnight. Making a million dollars takes some time. You can’t make a million dollars if you haven’t made your first hundred. So focus on the first hundred, first thousand, and first hundred thousand. “Thinking this way goes a long way toward your goals – finding success, creating wealth, and living the kind of life you want to live, and become one of those successful business people.
A business, also known as an enterprise or a firm, is an organization involved in the trade of goods, services, or both to consumers. Business People and Businesses are prevalent in …
The latest BBC Business News: breaking personal finance, company, financial and economic news, plus insight and analysis into UK and global markets.
Find breaking news & business news on Wall Street, business people, media & advertising, international business, banking, interest rates, the stock market, currencies & funds.
The holiday season is upon us, and with it comes big implications for marketers in the business of travel. According to AAA, last year 94.5 million Americans …
Business and Industrial Supplies