- Howard Marks: "The Most Important Thing – Origins and Inspirations" | Talks at Google
- The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for The Thoughtful Investor, Audiobook Trailer
- The Most Important Thing Illuminated Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor Columbia Business Sc
- EP73: THE MOST IMPORTANT THING BY BILLIONAIRE HOWARD MARKS
- Download The Most Important Thing: Uncommon Sense for the Thoughtful Investor (Columbia Business PDF
- Principles of Investment by Oaktree Capital Management Co-Founder Howard Marks
- Howard Marks: Talks@GS
- 73 TIP: Billionaire Howard Marks – The Most Important Thing
- Risk Management with Ian Schapiro (Part II: Avoiding the Losers: Is that Enough?)
- The Most Important Thing Book Review
Howard Marks's The Most Important Thing distilled the investing insight of his celebrated client memos into a single volume and, for the first time, made his time-tested philosophy available to general readers. In this edition, Marks's wisdom is joined by the comments, insights, and counterpoints of four renowned investors and investment educators: Christopher C. Davis (Davis Funds), Joel Greenblatt (Gotham Capital), Paul Johnson (Nicusa Capital), and Seth A. Klarman (Baupost Group).
These experts lend insight into such concepts as "second-level thinking," the price/value relationship, patient opportunism, and defensive investing. Marks also adds his own annotations, expanding on his book's original themes and issues. A new chapter addresses the importance of reasonable expectations, and a foreword by Bruce C. Greenwald, called "a guru to Wall Street's gurus" by the New York Times, speaks on value investing, productivity, and the economics of information.